Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 4, 2017

Country Cooking Club ~ July 2017 (I am so late in posting)

It is time for a roundup of delicious meals I made

headed by our lovely leader
~*~
Here is another delicious month with Hugh!
July 2017's round-up! The finale for this season.
~*~
Wanted pancakes, but with a twist!
I made the savory version - sans the sugar, add grated cheddar, a grind of black pepper!
Did without the crumbled cooked bacon.
 Served with baked beans and yogurt with chili, spring onions and coriander!
A variation from recipe on pages 40-41 

~*~
I like this frittata in individual servings so much I am looking forward to making a huge and serving it in wedges! There is cooked potatoes, green beans, I used canned sardines (instead of tuna),  I only have green olives (instead of black), used spring onions from my container garden.
Cooked the frittata on the stovetop, finishing it in my counter top toaster oven, yumms!
The recipe is available HERE, paired with an asian-inspired coleslaw from Hugh's River Cottage Veg Every Day!
~*~
Trying to finish up my bag of rolled oats, make oats porridge again!  While the oats went for a quick soak, stir fried some diced onions, followed by shelled and deveined prawns, seasoned with salt and black pepper. Dished out when prawns are cooked.  In the same pot, add extra olive oil, add diced pumpkin, diced red peppers, stir fry for a couple of minutes, add prawn shell stock, let simmer till pumpkin softens, add oats and the soaking liquid.  Season with salt and black pepper.  When oats are cooked, ladle porridge into serving bowls, top with stir fried prawns and onions, tuck in!
Porridge from here
~*~
~*~
Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's
River Cottage Every Day

2 comments:

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Dear Emily, thank you very much for your support of the Cottage Cooking Club! As, I wrote to Cheri, it is always such a pleasure to cook and bake along with you! Great selection again this month! I love what you did with your pancakes with baked beans and all - sounds great!
Glad that you and your husband continue to enjoy Hugh´s recipes so much!
ANdrea

Cheri Savory Spoon said...

Hi Emily, sorry I am so late commenting, can't believe this was our last month, it was such a pleasure posting with you. Looks like you had another great month cooking....take care! Cheri